2019: Moving or Changing a WebDrive License to a New or Different Computer
How can I move WebDrive to a new machine?
- Use the Export feature in WebDrive to export your Site Database and User Settings out to a .reg file. Run WebDrive, then from the main menu, select FILE -> EXPORT and export your data out to a file. Copy that .reg file over to the new machine and then double-click on the file to Import that information into the Windows registry and your WebDrive information will be imported.
- Another option for this is to use the Export Site Profile option from the right-click menu in WebDrive. This will allow you to export the site profile exactly as is, including URL, username, and password and all of the settings for that site. This does not include App Settings for WebDrive, which you would want to Export as mentioned above.
- If you have created any Jobs using the WebDrive Transfer Manager, you will also need to manually copy that information to the new computer. Under your Documents folder will be a directory named WebDrive. In there will be a sub-directory called XferJobs. Copy that sub-directory, and it's contents to the new machine (preserving the path structure).
- If any of the Jobs in #2 were scheduled to run, you'll also want to migrate over the Task Scheduler information. Windows Task Scheduler has an Export feature which will allow you to Export the Job information to a .XML file which can then be transferred to the new computer and then Imported back into Windows Task Scheduler.
- Finally, you'll want to Deactivate WebDrive on the old computer if you plan to transfer your WebDrive license to the new computer. (Help/Info --> License Information --> Activate License --> Deactivate) Once the old license is Deactivated, you can Activate it on the new computer.
2019: How do I apply a new registration code to WebDrive 2019 or older?
It is not necessary to uninstall/reinstall the program to apply a new registration code, for instance if you purchase the newest version of the software. With WebDrive running: Go to Help/Info --> License Information and choose to "Activate License". ...
Transfer Old/Expired License to New Computer
You can transfer an expired license to another computer. You can Deactivate the license in WebDrive on the older computer, and then Activate the license on a different computer. The exception would be that WebDrive Version 10, for example, is not ...
Getting Started: Creating a new site connection to a server
In order to use WebDrive to create a connection to a server: 1. Open WebDrive 2. Click the "+" icon in the upper area of the main menu to start adding a new connection 3. Select the appropriate server type for your connection (SFTP, WebDAV, ...
How can I find the Version and Build number for WebDrive?
In WebDrive Next Gen: Open the application and click on "Settings". The version is displayed at the top. In WebDrive 2019 or older: Go to Help/Info --> License Information and you will see the currently installed Version and Build number of WebDrive.
KB WebDrive End User License Agreements - EULA
WebDrive End User License Agreement (EULA) Question Where can I find the EULA for WebDrive? Answer The End User License Agreements for WebDrive can be found here: https://webdrive.com/license-agreements/ Related to: WebDrive 1.x – Current Related to: ...