How do I disable windows zip folders?
Windows Zip folders is a shell extension that allows you to examine the contents of zipped files from explorer by clicking on them. This may cause issues in WebDrive with zip files downloading. To disable this functionality in Windows 7 or later please follow these instructions.
Open Registry Editor (go to Start Menu -> Run and type "regedit").
- Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID and perform steps 3-7 for each of the two keys:
- Right-click on the key and select “Permissions…”. Click “Advanced” and then the “Owner” tab.
- Select your username from the list.
- Check the box next to “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects”. Click “OK”.
- In the “Security” tab, select your username and grant Full Control. (If your username is not there, click “Add…”, type your username, then click “Check Names” and “OK”.) Click “OK” to apply the permissions settings.
- Rename the registry key to something else so you can restore it later if you wish.
- Restart Windows and enjoy a life free from zip folders!
Files Automatically Downloading in WebDrive: .exe, .zip, or others
If you are experiencing automatic downloading of files, especially files such as .zip, .exe, or others, and don't wish to have this occur, edit the settings for your site in WebDrive. In the "Advanced" section, turn off the setting for "Enable ...
I receive an error that Windows can't access this disc. What do I do?
Error: Windows can't access this disc. Meaning: Windows is unable to connect and display the contents of the drive letter Resolution: 1. Restart the computer and attempt the connection again. If the issue remains, try either Resolution 2 or 3: ...
2019: Disable Auto-Update
To disable update notifications in WebDrive, go to Help/Info --> License Information --> Check for Update and uncheck the box for "Check for updates automatically". If the notifications still persist, or you want to pre-package an install with the ...
A Grey X appears on icons for files and/or folders
A Grey X appears on icons for files and/or folders This behavior can occur for a few different reasons. The most likely resolutions are: 1. Disconnect the site connection in WebDrive and then restart the computer. 2. Disconnect the site connection in ...
2019: Windows 7 or Windows 10 Upgrade Issue
Problem: After upgrading my Operating System to Windows 7 or Windows 10, I receive the error message: "Can't map drive: (1204) The specified network provider name is invalid." when trying to connect to a site in WebDrive. Solution: The Windows ...