If using WebDrive to connect to SharePoint and you are seeing empty listings, here are items to check:
SharePoint via WebDAV:
1. Ensure you are using the proper URL and that it is entered correctly, without web encoded characters (e.g. Remove any %20 and replace these with a simple space character).
2. Try disconnecting the site, and then going to App Settings --> Cache Settings and choose to "Clear Cache". Then, try reconnecting the site.
3. Check if the folder in question has a large number of items inside of the folder. SharePoint has a limit on the server-side that can be configured to disallow more than a set number of files in any directory (the default is 5000 items). This is in the SharePoint Settings and is referred to as the "List View Threshold". If necessary, increase this value on the server configuration or split the contents of the folder into several smaller folders instead of one large directory.
SharePoint Online / Office 365 REST API:
1. Ensure that you are using the proper URL and that it is entered correctly, without web encoded characters (e.g. Remove any %20 and replace these with a simple space character).
2. Ensure that the URL is as short as possible for the required connection. For example, if the final location is https://my-sharepoint.com/
3. Try disconnecting the site, and then going to App Settings --> Cache Settings and choose to "Clear Cache". Then, try reconnecting the site.
Enter this connection into WebDrive with https://my-sharepoint.com/ as the URL.
SharePoint Changes or Additions not Reflected in WebDrive Question Changes, such as adding users as Members to sites, or permissions changes, are not being reflected in the WebDrive site listings for the SharePoint connection. What is going on? ...
KB - SharePoint Throttle
SharePoint Throttle Question My WebDrive SharePoint connection or transfers are being throttled. Transfers delayed. What can I do? Answer Microsoft has a low threshold for throttling connections from third-party applications over their API. Google, ...
Connecting directly to a specific sub folder: Root drive in this folder setting
If you want to connect directly to a specific sub folder when using WebDrive for any connection EXCEPT for FTP and SFTP, use the "Root drive in this folder" setting. After having created your site in WebDrive, click on the gear icon next to the site ...
Azure AD to set SharePoint Permissions
Poor Performance when using Azure AD to set SharePoint Permissions Question I use Azure AD. I use Azure AD for setting permissions in SharePoint. I am seeing poor performance using WebDrive for these SharePoint connections. What can I do? Answer If ...
Permissions Errors or other Sync/Upload errors while connected to OneDrive or SharePoint
OneDrive Sync Client can conflict with WebDrive when used in conjunction. This often occurs if OneDrive Sync, for example, is syncing the mapped drive letter content that WebDrive is mapped to, or OneDrive Sync is syncing the Cache and/or Log folder ...